About the Cover
Booking Protection provides extra peace of mind when purchasing your tickets that you're protected against the unexpected. We want you to have the best possible experience at your chosen event but we also understand that it's an important purchase and unfortunately circumstances can sometimes change in the lead-up to the event or on the big day itself that prevents your attendance. Booking Protection is designed to give you extra cover for a range of circumstances to ensure you receive a complete refund on your Motorsport Tickets order if you are unable to attend, and that includes any service and delivery fees.
The full terms and conditions are below, but in summary protection includes cover for:
- Injury and sickness
- Death of individuals or immediate family
- Travel delays
- Jury service
- Strikes, riots, and civil commotion, national mourning, terrorism, volcanic ash event
- Adverse weather
- Military Service
- Event cancellation or rescheduling
Please note that Booking Protection does not cover you against loss or theft of tickets, or a 'change of heart' to no longer attend.
We think Booking Protection is a great addition, particularly for motorsport events as tickets are often high value, booked in advance, and the races take place throughout the world. However, Booking Protection is completely optional so the decision is always yours. Where available, the cover will be shown on the checkout. If you do not wish to be covered, just select 'No' to the Booking Protection question on the checkout page at the time of booking.
Terms and Conditions
Please note as the World Health Organisation has announced that Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a global pandemic, as per Section 4. Clause 15, the Secure My Booking program will not cover any claims relating to the virus:
4.15. Any loss directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of or contributed to by or resulting from, any influenza variant or communicable disease which prior to or simultaneously with the loss arising, is declared anepidemic or pandemic by the World Health Organisation and/or Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and/or Atypical Pneumonia and/or Avian Flu and/or any threat or fear of any of the above (whether actual or perceived).
If you are unclear about any aspect of the terms and conditions then please contact us and we will be happy to answer any queries you have.
1. Protection Coverage
- 1. Incapacity of the Ticket Holder(s) through Accident, Bodily Injury or Sickness first commencing prior to the Event.
- 2. Incapacity of a Dependent through Accident, Bodily Injury or Sickness first commencing prior to the Event necessitating the support of the Ticket Holder(s).
- 3. Adverse weather, including snow, fog, frost or storm preventing attendance at the Venue.
- 4. Travel Delay due to a cause outside of the control of each of the Ticket Holder(s) that solely and directly prevents the Ticket Holder(s) continued transit to the Event.
- 5. Death of the Ticket Holder(s) or a member of their Immediate Family within thirty days prior to the date of the Event.
- 6. Cancellation, Abandonment, Postponement or Relocation of the Event which is beyond the control of the Ticket Holder(s) and the Participant.
- 7. Restricted access to the Venue caused by Flood, Fire, Explosion, or through the act of a constituted authority to protect Public Health and Safety.
- 8. Strikes, Riots, Civil Commotion, Martial Law, Terrorism, Volcanic Ash Event, National Mourning.
- 9. The Ticket Holder(s) inability to attend an Event which is Rescheduled after the date of purchase from The Seller, due solely to a Prior Engagement of the Ticket Holder(s) such Prior Engagement to be existing prior to the date of the first announcement of the Rescheduling.
- 10. The Ticket Holder(s) inability to attend due to being a member of the armed forces who is unexpectedly called to duty.
- 11.The unavoidable requirement for the Ticket Holder(s) to remain at home due to serious damage to the Ticket Holder(s) home or place of business caused by fire, aircraft, explosion, storm, flood, subsidence, earthquake, falling trees, burst pipes, lightning, malicious persons or theft.
- 12. The unavoidable requirement of the Ticket Holder(s) to perform Jury Service where the Jury Summons was first received by the Ticket Holder(s) after the date of ticket purchase.
- 13. Travel Delay preventing the Fulfilment Company employed being able to achieve the timely delivery of the Ticket Holder(s) tickets due to Strikes, Riots, Civil Commotion, Martial Law, Terrorism, Volcanic Ash Event, National Mourning.
- 14. Travel Delay the Ticket Holder(s) collecting their tickets from either the venue or a designated collection point.
- 15. The Ticket Holder(s) being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness where the witness summons was first received by the Ticket Holder(s) after the date of ticket purchase.
- 16. The Ticket Holder(s) being relocated for work more than 100 miles from the Venue which you were unaware of at the time of booking or you are unexpectedly made compulsorily redundant.
- 1. Abandonment or Abandoned means the inability to complete more than 50% of the Event once commenced.
- 2. Accident means a sudden, unexpected and unintended, specific event which occurs at an identifiable time and place.
- 3. Bodily Injury means an identifiable physical injury, including illness resulting from such injury, which is caused by an Accident occurring after the ticket was purchased.
- 4. Cancellation or Cancelled means the inability to proceed with the Event prior to commencement which takes place either on the date specified on the ticket or on the Rescheduled date.
- 5. Customer means a person who purchases a ticket from The Seller and who has subscribed to the Secure My Booking Ticket Reimbursement Program on their own behalf and/or on behalf of others in respect of that ticket.
- 6. Dependent means a person(s) who cohabits with the Ticket Holder(s) and is reliant on the support of the Ticket Holder(s).
- 7. Event means the particular performance for which the ticket was purchased.
- 8. Fulfilment Company means a recognised delivery service company contracted to deliver the tickets for an event to the Customer.
- 9. Immediate Family means the mother, father, mother in-law, father in-law, stepmother, stepfather, sister, brother, child, spouse, civil partner or co-habitee (and their children) and civil law partner, grandparent, legal guardians, foster parents provided that such person(s) are subject to exclusions the Ticket Holder(s) lack of care, diligence or prudent behaviour or the Ticket Holder(s) failing to observe and comply with the requirements of any law, ordinance, court or regulatory body of whatever jurisdiction.
- 10. National Mourning means Cancellation, Abandonment, Postponement or Relocation of the Event caused by any period of mourning declared by the Government or Monarchy of the country in which the Event is due to take place.
- 11. Non-Appearance means any loss in consequence of the Cancellation or Abandonment of the Event arising directly or indirectly from the death, accident, or illness, or travel delay of the Participant.
- 12. Participant means any party, including without limitation, any act, artist, celebrity, sports or other person(s) billed to appear or perform at the Eventor any provider of technical services, who is contracted to perform a function critical to successful fulfilment of the Event.
- 13. Postponement or Postponed means the unavoidable Rescheduling of the Event to another time.
- 14. Prior Engagement means a pre-existing engagement in respect of which the Ticket Holder(s) has written proof that such Ticket Holder(s) has committed to attend prior to the announcement of the date of a Rescheduled Event.
- 15. Redundancy means the unexpected termination of employment of the Ticket Holder(s)
- 16. Relocation of the Ticket Holder(s) through the enforced move away from their residence by at least 100 miles caused by the required relocation of their full-time employment.
- 17. Relocation or Relocated means the unavoidable removal of the Event to another location.
- 18. Rescheduled or Rescheduling means the Postponement and / or Relocation of the Event to a date after the original date stated on the ticket(s).
- 19. Sickness means an illness which is sufficiently debilitating to prohibit safe movement of the Ticket Holder concerned and their ability to travel.
- 20. Terrorism means an unlawful act including but not limited to the use of force or violence and / or the threat thereof, by any person(s) acting individually or on behalf of or in connection with any organisation(s) or government(s) committed for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes including the intention to influence any government and / or to put the public or any part thereof in fear.
- 21. The Seller means an agency or venue from whom the Customer has purchased a ticket and who has subscribed to the Secure My Booking Ticket Reimbursement Program.
- 22. Ticket Holder means a person who holds a ticket purchased by a Customer and who can demonstrate that the Customer subscribed to the Ticket Reimbursement Program on their behalf in relation to that ticket.
- 23. Ticket Price means the ticket price, booking fees and service fees and fulfilment costs as evidenced in the internet booking form or confirmation of ticket purchase excluding any charge applicable under the Secure My Booking Ticket Reimbursement Program.
- 24. Valid Ticket means the issued ticket for the booked event, or the internet booking form, or issued documentation, which is for admission to the booked event, which are unused and not cancelled.
- 25. Venue means the place(s) as detailed on the ticket purchased where the Event is to be held.
- 26. Visa means an endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave, or stay for a specified period of time in a country
- 27. Volcanic Ash Event is a phenomenon caused by the eruption of a volcano sending an ash cloud into the atmosphere.
- 1. Any fraud, misstatement or concealment or negligent statement in the information provided in the making of a reimbursement application shall render the application voidable by Secure My Booking.
- 2. The Ticket Holder(s) shall at all times take all reasonable care and measures to avoid or diminish a loss under this Ticket Reimbursement Program.
- 3. Any and all refund payments due under the terms and conditions of this Ticket Reimbursement Program may be made payable to a third party(s) as directed by the Customer. Payment of such refunds shall be a sufficient and complete discharge of all of the obligations to the Customer and/or Ticket Holder(s) in connection with said reimbursement application(s).
- 4.The Secure My Booking Ticket Reimbursement Program is to be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Booking Protection does not cover any application directly or indirectly arising out of, or contributed to by, or resulting from:
- 1. The Ticket Holder(s) lack of care, diligence or prudent behaviour.
- 2. The Ticket Holder(s) failing to observe and comply with the requirements of any law, ordinance, court or regulatory body of whatever jurisdiction.
- 3. Inability to gain or maintain a Visa in the country the event is scheduled to take place, howsoever caused.
- 4. Any fraud, misrepresentation or concealment by the Ticket Holder(s).
- 5. Any financial failure of or financial default by anyone.
- 6. Lack of or inadequate receipts or sales for the Event.
- 7. Variations in the rate of exchange, rate of interest or stability of any currency.
- 8. Non-Appearance of any Participant.
- 9. Death, Bodily Injury or Sickness of the Ticket Holder(s) directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from: suicide or intentional self-injury or criminal act committed by the Ticket Holder(s).
- 10. Failure of the Ticket Holder in the event of Bodily Injury or Sickness to consult a duly qualified medical practitioner and comply with the medical advice given thus causing a loss in whole or part under this Ticket Reimbursement Program.
- 11. Actual or threatened War, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, confiscation, nationalisation, requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under order of any government or public or local authority.
- 12. Loss or damage caused in whole or part by ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel, the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof, nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination.
- 13. Seizure or destruction under quarantine or customs regulations, confiscation, nationalisation or requisition or destruction of or damage to property, by or under the order of any government or public or local authority, or the handling of contraband or the engaging in illicit trade or transportation.
- 14. Seepage and/or pollution and/or contamination unless it is discovered after the purchase of the Secure My Booking Ticket Reimbursement Program and is a direct cause of a covered loss.
- 15. Any loss directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of or contributed to by or resulting from, any influenza variant or communicable disease which prior to or simultaneously with the loss arising, is declared anepidemic or pandemic by the World Health Organisation and/or Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and/or Atypical Pneumonia and/or Avian Flu and/or any threat or fear of any of the above (whether actual or perceived).
- 16. The actual or threatened malicious use of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials regardless of any other cause or event contributing, concurrently or in any other sequence, thereto.
5. Claims Procedure
- 1. The Ticket Holder(s) must notify Motorsport Tickets or their appointed representative as soon as practically possible and in any circumstances within fourteen (14) days of the incident which leads to a claim being made under Booking Protection; and
- 2. The Ticket Holder must return the unused ticket(s) or if not issued, the proof of purchase or original receipt to Motorsport Tickets or their appointed representative as soon as practically possible and in any circumstances within fourteen (14) days of the date of the incident notification being acknowledged by Motorsport Tickets or their appointed representatives.
- 3.The Ticket Holder shall, as a matter of urgency using the dedicated URL provided by Motorsport Tickets, advise the details of the incident, confirm the facts as soon as possible in writing and take all steps to minimisetheir loss as directed by Motorsport Tickets or their appointed representatives and in any event provide all supporting documentation requested by Motorsport Tickets or their appointed representatives within 30 days from the date of their application for reimbursement.
The Motorsport Tickets Booking Protection programme is arranged through JM Marketing Ltd, binding underwriters at Lloyd’s of London. JM Marketing Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 435403.